What is a Crisis ?
- A time of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger.
- A time when a difficult or important decision must be made.
A mental health crisis is any situation in which a person's behavior puts them at risk of hurting themselves or others and or prevents them from being able to care for themselves or function effectively in the community
In the event that you are experiencing a crisis, our Crisis Hotline is available 24/7 to HBHS Members. One of our qualified professionals will be available to assist you. For all life threatening emergencies, please dial 911 .
SIGNS OF A CRISIS
CRISIS SITUATIONS AND SCENARIOS
- Extreme Stress (i.e panic attack, mental breakdown)
- Suicial Ideations
- Suicidal Attempts
- Homicidal Ideations/Attempts
- Domestic Violence
- Child/ Adult Eloping
- Self Injurous Behavior or Thoughts
- Injurous Behavior or Thoughts to Others